Seems pointless and expensive to write that app.
Hey, I want an app! Everybody's got an app, I want one too. They are.. you know.. apps.
That's no good. Here is list of real reasons for writing that native app:
- Apple is running an apartheid system against web apps. Se below.
- A web app can't cache data as easily as a native app, which leads to slow responsiveness (or is this true with html5?)
- It is close to impossible to make a web app respond to taps as fast as a native app.
- It's really difficult to make a web app as stable as native app. I've compared the Facebook native app and web app: The web app just simply does not do anything when I tap "Check In".
- A web app has to share browser windows, and there are just 8 of them, before one app gets kicked out.
- A web app will reload even if it's already loaded => slowness.